Friday, December 5, 2014

...Oops...

Dear readers, I have a confession to make. I only wrote one poem this week.  I know, I know, I'm a horrible person. I'll try to get more done next week. Hopefully, I'll have less to do than I had the past week. 
However, I'm proud of the poem that I did compose. I was staring out the window during my third hour, and the trees looked so bare. It marveled me that all the trees could have been vibrantly colored just a month ago. The result of this thought was the poem I'll sign off with today.

Transition

Bright and dark green alike,
shift to crimson and amber.
The rolling forests transform,
into a sea of fire.

Stiffening, humid air, we breathed.
Now, it's crisp, like an apple,
cool, clean, and refreshing.
Each inhale is gratifying.

But, soon, all too soon,
the blazing trees fade to brown.
The fresh air becomes so cold,
it turns your lungs to ice.

Thanks,

Lizzie

2 comments:

  1. I love the poem! The imagery and adjectives you used made it come to life as I read it. I also like how you gave a bit of a backstory about how the poem came to be. You should make this project into a career! -- Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your praise of my piece. Keeping your comment in mind, I will make sure to include the back round of the poems I write in the future.

    ReplyDelete