Saturday, November 15, 2014

Being Overwhelmed

   Hey, I'm going to pretend you care, and tell you about my week. Don't worry it is relevant to my project. This week has been pretty crazy in term of my work load. I had two presentations, three tests, and an essay,on top of everyday homework and the 20x project. Over all, I've been swamped. I felt panicked, sleeping terribly, and was stressed the whole time. So, my theme for my poetry this week was "being overwhelmed."
    So far, I've written two free verse poems and one haiku. I my last post, I said that I wanted to use this as an outlet for emotions I don't normally get a chance express very eloquently. Based on just on my experience this week my poems have done just that. After I composed each poem in tutorial, I felt a little bit better. 
   Truth be told, however, by my third poem on the subject, my poems sound a little repetitive. I feel I've exhausted the subject. There is only so many times I can express the same emotion in a short span of time. My outlook on the topic of the week isn't going to shift much over seven days. I'm debating to not have a topic of the week, and to just write what I feel at the moment, because of that reason. 
   It may no be a factor, but I've been listening to the same music every day while I write my pieces. the Three Days Grace music isn't exactly uplifting. Should I not listen to music when I write? Do you think it will affect my mood too much? 

  I decided I'll post a shorter poem from each week in my post. Here is this week's.

                                                   Drowning in my life
                                               To much for me to handle
                                                   Much to do, no time

   Thanks, 
         Lizzie

No comments:

Post a Comment