Sunday, November 23, 2014

A Song Without a Score

Hey, I've thought really hard and really long about the decision I have made concerning the problems I talked about in my last post.  I've decided to remove my weekly theme for my poems. I know what you guys must be thinking (if any one is actually reading this), 'What a lazy bum she must be.' I've decided that maintaining a theme throughout each week of poems, goes against my view of poetry. How can my poetry express what I feel if I am writing a poem about being happy if I'm feeling down? Poetry is supposed to flow as inspiration comes and goes. By forcing my self to write a poem that I didn't really feel at the moment, I didn't write true poetry; I wrote about false emotions. That is not okay! I will still try to work on a poem every day. My poetry will vary more in mood, but it will be, as corny as it sounds, more from my heart.

I've also been a little repetitive with the kind of poems I'm writing. During this project I'd like to experiment with different poetry format, so I'll try to do some research on different poems this next week.

Since my inner battle this week was about my outlook on poetry, the poem I'm signing off with is about poetry.  
Song without pitches,
A soul without a body,
Sighing emotion.
                        

Thanks,

Lizzie

2 comments:

  1. A 10 word poem was a perfect way to end this! Lizzie, that was a amazing! You said so little, but I read so much... It was so small, yet great and thorough in every way. I am honestly, so very impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, you're the first person to comment on my blog. It means a lot that you took the time to read my post.

    ReplyDelete